Sunday, April 15, 2018

Review: Maybe Someday

Maybe Someday Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of those books that just never, ever gets old. It's one I revisit when I want to experience the magic of music and books coming together. Let's be honest, I grabbed this book for a reread because I had been listening to the soundtrack. Yes, there's a SOUNDTRACK for a book. And not just what the author listened to while writing, but a legit soundtrack. The songs written for the book, the book written around the songs. Both moving the book to a place I never want to leave.

Ridge Lawson is the greatest book boyfriend. Sydney is one of the most real, true, honest heroines ever written. I always cheer for this couple. Yes, I know that's stupid because I know what happens, but that doesn't change the fact that every time I read it I feel something new, something special, something I want to have repeated.

If you haven't read this, do yourself a favor and pick it up. Seriously. This is my fourth or fifth read (despite Goodreads telling me otherwise) and it's like visiting old friends every time I open the book. I get to watch Sydney and Ridge fall in love. I get to see the friendship develop, the working relationship, and then I get to witness real, heartbreaking love. I get the funny with Warren and Bridgette and I get the beautifully tragic Maggie.

It's all here. You'll laugh, you may cry, and you will fall in love. You'll also find a new artist to love because let me tell you about Griffin Peterson...he's amazingly talented. Clearly, if all I had to do was listen to a few of his songs before the overwhelming urge to read Maybe Someday hit me.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment