Saturday, April 21, 2018

Review: Fraternize

Fraternize Fraternize by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've been wanting to read this since it came out. I have no idea why I haven't picked it up before now, but I stupidly waited and waited and waited. I blame a lack of Rachel Van Dyken knowledge. I blame my friends for not being pushier than they are. I blame myself for being too cheap to dig up the dough to buy this. I blame lots of things, but mostly I blame poor timing.

And that brings us to earlier this week, when I was perusing my KU options and stumbled across Fraternize. Again. Why it wasn't one of my first KU reads, I'll never know, but somehow I had forgotten this existed. Until I didn't. And as soon as I saw it, I rearranged my KU library and downloaded this bad boy. Or should I say boys?

This is the story of a lost love, a missing best friend, a high school crush, a first time, a first love.
This is the story of a new love, a new bet friend, a high school crush who is makes a reappearance, and a lost love.
This is the story of Emerson, Miller, and Ethan.

And this story, told from Emerson and Miller's POV isn't anything like I expected. It's one of those weird times where the author completely blindsided me. She got me good, I tell ya! I thought it was going to go one direction, but then it takes a sharp turn into HOLY MOLY WHAT JUST HAPPENED! Yeah, I didn't see it coming. One could say I was tricked. One could say I have become very comfortable in the romance formula and tropes. One could say, that as much as I wanted one thing to happen, I wasn't upset when the exact opposite happened.

So, what happened?

*singsongs* I'm not telllllllllllingg!
You're gonna have to read it for yourself. You need to take this journey.

I'm going on record and saying this is a top 2018 read for me. It's only April. This book is that good. And a large part of that is because I was caught unawares.

Silly me, getting comfy in my romance genre. That'll show me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment