Sunday, April 15, 2018

Review: Maybe Not

Maybe Not Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm getting annoyed with Goodreads because I just want to write a new review since this is my second time reading this book, but I can't seem to do that without the original review showing up, so whatever.
Here. My latest review of Maybe Not (written on April 15, 2018).

I just finished a reread of Maybe Someday and just couldn't stop there. Part of what makes that book so much fun are Warren and Bridgette. So, I naturally had to continue with this book so I could get that glimpse into what was going on with them while Ridge and Sydney had their crazy love story.

Warren and Bridgette are hilarious. They are also sweet and fun and totally unlikely, but they work. He likes bitchy girls, Bridgette has that covered. She likes, well, no one. Warren is persistent to a fault.
And can we talk about the prank war? It's such a big part of living in this apartment and I love that Bridgette gets in on it too. Even when you think she doesn't. The cups?!!! Genius.

So, this is a cute story that lets us see the lighter side of living in that apartment filled with angst. This is Warren and Bridgette and their love story. You'll enjoy taking this side trip in this Maybe world.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My first review of Maybe Not:

I'm on a Colleen Hoover kick at the moment. I want to read everything this lady has written. Luckily, this was a cheap book and one with characters I really wanted to see again.

Warren was awesome in Maybe Someday. I loved the fact that he was fiercely loyal to Ridge and that he always had Ridge's best interest in mind. He seemed to be that one friend who would move mountains if he thought it would help you in the end. So, when I saw that Maybe Not would be told from his POV and we would get to see how he and Bridgette managed to hook up, well, I couldn't say no.

Spoiler-y from here on out. So, read at your own risk.

I'm happy to report that Warren is all he seems in Maybe Someday. He is fiercely loyal to Ridge and he is a complete and total asshole. But he's one of those assholes you love. He's funny, charming, and wants to have fun with life. He also has the hots for his new roommate, Bridgette.

Bridgette is mean. We know this before we even start this book, but we also know that she seems to have a soft spot for Warren. Why?! It can't just be the sex. Can it?

Oh, Bridgette! She fell hard for Warren. So hard she practically flew! The relationship between Bridgette and Warren is very give and take. They fight as if they are married, the sex is intense, and they have absolutely no idea how to be normal. I think it's a good thing. Their dynamic works for them. It is fun and intense and I am so glad they found each other.

View all my reviews

1 comment: