Thursday, March 8, 2018

Review: Outlander

Outlander Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sassenach.

"There was another reason. The main one."
"Reason?" I said stupidly.
"Why I married you."
"Which was?"
"Because I wanted you. More than I ever wanted anything in my life."

And that sums up why I fell in love with Jamie Fraser of Lallybroch.

I am a sucker for a time traveling book. I am a sucker for history. I am a sucker for an accent.
This book has it all. And a hot Scot to boot.

But really, I think this was--is--beautifully written. I felt like I was in the Scottish Highlands, I felt like I knew the halls of Castle Leoch. I felt as if I had traveled the countryside by horseback. I felt as if I belonged there, in 1743, with the Clans of the Highlands.

I listened to this story. Davina Porter is amazing. I loved her as Claire, Jamie, and all the rest. But really, I loved her voice. There's power in that voice. Just as there is power in the characters of Outlander. She brings them to life in a way reading the words on a page cannot.

Sassenach. My how I wish I had a Jamie of my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment