Sunday, March 11, 2018

Review: The Art of Us

The Art of Us The Art of Us by Hilaria Alexander
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I'm not saying this was a bad book. The book was okay. Based on the reviews, this works for a lot of people, it just didn't do it for me.

Lena is a 30-something woman who is terrified of commitment.
Amos is a 30-something man who has crushed on Lena for years.

They shared a kiss two years ago. After which, Lena ran. And then played an amazing game of avoidance.
For. Two. Years.

When they are thrown into a work situation where they must work together, they realize those feelings that swirled around them two years ago when they shared a kiss still existed.

But how do you go from not speaking to friends? How do you push past friends and into relationships?

Easy, you take a really really long time.

This is where I got bored. I thought that something fun was about to happen around the 20% mark. But then I was led into a sea of disappointment. And then I had to sit through more of the book just for our main characters to get their heads out of their asses.

I'll admit I'm in a book funk. Or maybe it's that the other books I've been enjoying are these massive, epic books that cover all range of emotion. I'm not sure. But this book was not for me. Don't let that deter you, you may love it. That's the beauty of books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment