Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Review: Angels Fall

Angels Fall Angels Fall by J.A. Huss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So, yeah. Well, this is intense. Again. I don't know how else to describe it. Intense is the best word here.

Maddie and Tyler are totally fucked up, right? And you already know that, but you can't stop reading this story. You just can't. Because these two characters who are flawed in more ways than I can count are the ultimate push and pull, love and hate, friends and enemies kind of story.

Picking up where Sin With Me ends, we know Tyler did some crazy, fucked up shit. We know Maddie is pissed beyond reason at Tyler.
We know that both are in some crazy shit.

And it's there that I leave you with the 'what the fucks' and the 'holy shits' and the 'no that didn't just happen' because that's just the kind of book this is.

Another crazy, fucked up story about two people who are so star-crossed, yet perfect for each other.
Tyler finally--FINALLY--pulls his head out of his ass. Maddie stops fighting life. Things start to look like they're on the right path.

Then, BOOM. Like, literally because that's just he way JA Huss and Johnathan McClain write. Just when you think it's all sunshine and rainbows, it's not. Not even close.

But then again, did we really expect sunshine and rainbows? Maddie owes that Carlos guy. Tyler is all crazy. Why did I get comfy?

Do we even have to talk about the sex? Should I? I should, but I won't. It isn't the point of the book. I mean, it's fantastic and it's hot and there are some scenes that will just live with you long after you close the book, but that's not why Maddie and Tyler are worth reading. Granted, they have absolutely ZERO problems in the bedroom--or bathroom, car, alley, hotel, Hoover Dam--and that is always fun to read, so yeah, if you want that out of a book, this is good for that too. But it's also good for THE STORY.

Because Tyler and Maddie have some serious demons that need handled. And I think they're only getting started.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment