Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Review: Whiskey Chaser

Whiskey Chaser Whiskey Chaser by Lucy Score
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just absolutely loved this. Everything from the town to the characters to the mystery.

I.
Loved.
It.

How often can you read a book where everything about it makes you feel good?

Welcome to Bootleg Springs, a town so rich in tradition you'll almost choke on it.
The town with the softball games that leaves everyone too drunk to play.
The town known for it's Moonshine.

Whiskey Chaser was that feel good book that had you rooting for the couple from the very first page. You didn't know what you were getting into, but you knew you already loved each person as individuals and you just knew they'd be the perfect complements to each other.

Scarlett and Devlin? Wow! These two are awesome. Scarlett is all bad ass and true to herself. Devlin is finding himself (oddly enough, this does not take away from his alpha-ness) after a shitstorm took over his life, but he's so sexy and demanding of Scarlett--in all the right ways--that I just fell for him immediately.

The Bodines. Man. This is the family I want. This is the familial bond I wish I had with my siblings. The Bodines serve their own brand of justice, much like Bootleg does. But the Bodines are protective of each other before anyone else. They fight, they stand their ground, and they defend the family.

If you aren't half in love with this town already, then just grab Whiskey Chaser and let the authors do the talking. This is the kind of book you pick up and read in one sitting (ignore the fact it took me three days, I had to adult).
It's the kind of book that'll leave you feeling good and asking yourself #WhatHappenedToCallie?
Plus, you'll wanna know who manages to wrangle those Bodines, so you'll stick around for the rest of the series.

Bring on the Bodines! I'm ready for more!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment