Saturday, May 5, 2018

Review: Tinfoil Heart

Tinfoil Heart Tinfoil Heart by Daisy Prescott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've never read a book that didn't fill more boxes than "arc" "read" and "sexy time" but here we are.

Tinfoil Heart is that sweet, feel good book you didn't know you wanted to read, but picked up at the recommendation of a friend (or twenty). Let me be that friend for you now. You want this book. You want to get into this brand of crazy and off-the-wall because it's endearing and sweet and fun.

What do you do when your mother swore your father was abducted by aliens? What do you do when you believe that with everything you have because it's better than any alternative you can come up with?

That's what Lucy has to figure out and she thinks that's best done by going to Roswell. Yep. The Roswell.
But what she doesn't count on or expect is finding the quirky community so accepting of her weird. She doesn't count on them taking her in and making her one of their own.
And she really doesn't count on the mysterious Boone Santos, or Table Five.

Boone Santos is quiet, mysterious, and nothing like you'd ever expect in a book hero. He's all alpha and he's amazing, but he's subtly alpha and quietly amazing. He's more behind the scenes than in your face. Unless it's in bed, but that's a different situation.

This book surprised me. It made me smile, laugh, and I may have even cried. That's a lot of emotion considering I had no idea what was coming my way when I opened the book.

And Daisy Prescott has given you two--that's right TWO--epilogues. One for the skeptics and one for the believers. I'm not sure which I prefer, as both were perfect, but that skeptic epilogue had me in tears and the believer epilogue had me all smiles. So, you decide.

Are you a skeptic or a believer?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment