Sunday, May 27, 2018

Review: The Boyfriend Experience

The Boyfriend Experience The Boyfriend Experience by J.A. Huss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Do you even want my review? It's going to be a long one. Probably. Maybe. I guess we'll see.

I've wanted more of Lawton since he first hit the scene back in, what was it, Turning Back? His Turn? I don't even know. What did I know then? That I wanted more of him. I wanted to see him naked and sweaty and preferably with a man. Jordan to be exact. Did I get that? Well, I won't tell you that. What will I tell you? This book is another mindfuck that only JA Huss can provide.

Lawton needs something. He needs a partner, preferably a woman. And when Jordan offers him a game, he can't refuse because it's exactly what he needs.

Oaklee Ryan is in need of a game. A Boyfriend Experience, if you will. And Lawton is the perfect man for the job. He's good looking, smart, and knows his beer.

Can I get the deluxe boyfriend package? The one with the multiple orgasms, foot massages, and a fierce sense of protectiveness? Can I get the man in the suit and the one in the biker jacket?
Because if there's something I have come to know and love about Julie's writing, it's that she can make me want both. Spencer Shrike, the biker. Mr. Romantic, the suit. See. She gets me.
And Law? Well, he's this sexy combination of the suit and the biker.

If you're a fan of Julie's you're going to LOVE this book. Not just for the couple, but for all of the little visits to some old haunts. The trip down memory lane will have you asking her for more books featuring some of your old favorites and some of the new favorites you didn't know to want.

You're going to love this ride.
You're gonna find yourself wanting to move to LoDo just on the off chance that Shrikes really exists. You're gonna want to find Turning Point and Cookies and Bronco Brews.
And you're gonna want to close the book only to start it all over from the beginning because you've finally realized this is the world you want to live in.
At least I know I want to live there. I want my ink to come from Sick Boyz (or Girlz), I want a Shrike Bike, and I want friends like Oaklee and Jordan and Law. I want friends like Vivi and Chuck.

See. I told you this could be a long one. And I blame Julie for that. I blame her because she writes worlds that feel so freaking real and characters that feel everything. And yeah, I want to stay in this world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment