Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Review: Lost For You

Lost For You Lost For You by Jayne Frost
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Soul Bound. Hope Drowned. Redemption Found.

If that's my next tattoo, will Ms. Frost find it flattering or offensive? I will be hoping for the former.

I'm not sure what I was expecting when I started this book, but what I got was so much better. In the past, I've been hesitant to try new authors. That's something I started to change last year and hope to continue that trend in 2018.
So far, this is the second new-to-me author I've read of 2018 and I could not be happier about the choice I made. Jayne Frost blew me away with this book. I haven't read the previous three books, but it wasn't needed. The characters are all beautifully flawed, tragically lost, and hopelessly hopeful.

This isn't a book that will leave my mind any time soon. Chase and Taryn's story isn't a typical love story. It's filled with pain and loss and heartbreak. It's filled with love and passion.

Chase is an addict. He's been sober for eleven years. That's impressive, as far as I'm concerned. To see the path that he takes in his life--at this moment--is one that I could have never predicted.

Taryn is trying to find her footing in a world where she has been attached to a rockstar. She's trying to show she is on her own--has been for some time--yet the rockstar keeps trying to pull her back down. First loves are hard to overcome and it's even harder when you're still best friends.

But a chance meeting at the local Starbucks proves that sometimes you can outshine your past. Sometimes you can be enough. You just have to find that person. The person who makes you burn and sets your soul on fire. The one you can live without, but don't want to.

Things can't be easy. With an ex in the way and an addiction that's rearing its ugly head, Chase and Taryn are going against the odds. They are going to have to fight for this life. They are going to have to find themselves.

If you like musicians, then Chase is going to sweep you right off your feet. If you like angst, Jayne Frost has provided that for you. If you like secondary characters who are all strong and faithful to our main characters, the Lost For You is the book you need to grab next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment