Friday, February 14, 2020

Review: Scythe

Scythe Scythe by Neal Shusterman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So. Wow.
I've read the reviews. I've seen the recommendations. I've even bought all three books in audio. I've trusted the fans.

And I was not let down with my blind-ish trust in others.

HOLY MOLY WHAT WAS THAT?

I swear, Neal Shusterman has the power to make you fear the future. I read his Unwind dystology ages ago. I've been terrified of his brain ever since.
Because his futures? They feel like real possibilities. They feel like we are just years away from these possibilities. I'm fairly certain that, given enough time, this is what our world could look like.
Of course, given our current state of panic over a coronavirus, maybe we aren't quite to the place where Scythe is. But it's still terrifying.

Gah, have I even mentioned the characters? Probably not.
They are all human. Some are Scythe. Some are just regular people, hoping they don't meet their end on this day. Because the choice isn't theirs. You don't get the choice at all. The Scythe has the power. The Scythe is who will decide your fate.

Yep. That's it. I'm out. There are so many crazy things in this book and my review is just a long-winded rambling, so I'm done.
I already have book 2 downloaded. I'm ready to see what happens.
Because...is that a vigilante Scythe out there?

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment