Saturday, February 15, 2020

Review: Obsidio

Obsidio Obsidio by Amie Kaufman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm searching for the words to express how I feel.

I'll be back with a review.

I think I've got it now.
Maybe.

I honestly don't know.
I laughed and cried. I fell in love.

I was torn apart and shot down and destroyed.
I was given the chance to be greater than others.
I was given the chance to do something greater than myself.
I was shown a world that terrified me.

I wanted to be friends with Kady and Ez, Nik and Hannah, Ella and AIDAN, and Asha and Rhys.
I am just so blown away with this cast of characters, the storyline, the developing plotlines, the underlying tension. The pain and the hurt and the betrayal. The...everything.

Is everything an option? Can I love everything about a book? A series?
Because I do. Even the dark parts, the torturous parts, the corrupt parts. Because without those the rest of the story couldn't be beautiful.

This book will be on my yearly reread shelf for as far as I can see. It's amazing.

I'll add here that I did the audio of this series. The audio is a full cast narration that surpasses all of my expectations. This is the series I'll forever tell people to listen to when they ask for an audio rec. The full cast had so many of my favorites--even if they aren't listed anywhere beyond "full cast" on the cover. Seriously, there are some surprise gems in the narration. And I couldn't have enjoyed a book more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment