Thursday, February 20, 2020

Review: Daughter of the Pirate King

Daughter of the Pirate King Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank god for buddy reads. Seriously. This is helping me knock out my TBR faster than anything I've done in the past.

Daughter of the Pirate King came with a high recommendation. I thought the hype might have been overdone, but then I read it.

Excellent adventure, excellent story. Excellent cast of characters who are smart and quick and an absolute delight to be around.
For the most part.
This is a story about pirates, after all. And is there really such a thing as a good pirate?

Alosa is probably one of the coolest, most ass-kickiest (just making it up as I go here) heroine I've had the pleasure of reading. She's strong, she knows what she wants, she takes absolutely zero flack from anyone.
And IT. IS. AWESOME.

Riden just might be the most swoonworthy pirate I have ever had stumbled upon. Seriously, where is this man in my real life? He's strong, smart, kind, and loyal. Good lord, is that man loyal. And smart. And, I could be wrong, but based on Alosa's descriptions and thoughts I bet I'm not, not bad on the eyes either.

These two are an interesting sort. Not friends, yet not enemies. Each seems to have a mutual respect for the other.

It's fascinating.
It's fun.

This is one of the best books I've read. I kinda want to read it again, but I need to read Daughter of the Siren Queen before I dive(HA!) into a reread.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment