Sunday, February 2, 2020

Review: Red, White & Royal Blue

Red, White & Royal Blue Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I didn't know I'd enjoy this so much. Seems ridiculous, really. It has things I enjoy; MM, angst, royalty. I mean, it should have been a given.

But I was scared. I was scared because the hype surrounding this book was...well, overwhelming.
Yet, the hype is not wrong. It's spot on.

This book has angst.
It has enemies to friends to lovers.
It has royalty.
It has angst.
This book has MM romance.

Which seems silly that I still have to say MM when discussing this romance, but really MM romance just has a little something extra that I don't find in MF romance. There's something about the broodiness, the angst, the...truth of it all.
Because there's so much truth here.
So much underneath.

Henry and Alex have to fight for their truth, their love.
And they shouldn't have to do that.
They should be able to love freely.

I like to think one day it will be normal. No one will bat an eye or care.
And I think it would be easier if we had prominent people who weren't afraid to be themselves.

But really, you didn't come for that and if you've made it this far you probably just want to know what I thought.

I LOVED IT.
There. That's what you have to know.
I LOVED IT.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment