Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Review: Tied Together

Tied Together Tied Together by Z.B. Heller
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love M/M romance. I don't know what it is that draws me in, but I love it. I really like listening to it because it gives the men two distinct voices-that I can hear. It makes it easier to switch between POV.

Ryan is the kid who has it all. When he finally tells his parents that he's gay, he's completely accepted and treated the exact same. That's probably because his whole family already knew he liked guys and had a bet going as to when he'd finally out himself. Yep. Good scene, that one.

Brandon is living in a situation that is the exact opposite of Ryan's. Picked on at school, and physically abused at home by his homophobic father, Brandon denies his true feelings to himself. He's straight. Period. No questions. Who cares if the guy who just stood up for him is good looking? That's just an observation, he can't like guys. His father would kill him.

Brandon and Ryan struggle. Brandon struggles with his sexuality, Ryan struggles with his love for Brandon. It's a great friendship and they both harbor feelings for the other.

So, what goes wrong?

Now, here is where I have several issues and probably why I only gave this book 3 stars. I liked the story, the plot was expected, but the way these two danced around one another kept me hooked. What didn't keep me hooked? The immaturity of Ryan. His behavior was appalling--especially considering how he felt.

And then we have the 12 year time lapse. WHAT?! Yes, twelve years. It's a big gap, but I think it was a necessary one. Ryan and Brandon have grown, they've become better people, they've learned who they are and what they want.

So, can these two finally get it right? Can they come to terms with the past and be tied together, forever?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment