Friday, March 3, 2017

Review: If You Were Mine

If You Were Mine If You Were Mine by Melanie Harlow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 "I want to test my limits" Stars

I love Melanie Harlow. Really, I do. What's not to love? She gives us awesome alphas, fun, sweet women, and sex scenes that leave you reaching for a fan.

Coming Alone: A Memoir of My Sex Life, by Claire French

Claire is the third friend in the Jaime, Margot, and Claire trio. She is the last single lady standing and she's beginning to question what's wrong with her. What lengths will you go to to not sit at the singles table at a wedding?

Coming Alone would be full of stories about Ryan and me. We were dynamite together.

As ridiculous as it is, Claire hires someone to be her boyfriend. That's what she will do to avoid the dreaded singles table. It might seem extreme, but so is erotic Pokemon fanfic.

"I have no limits to test, but I'll be happy to test yours."

Theo MacLeod is the boyfriend for hire. He's tall, dark, and handsome. He's smart, arrogant--but not obnoxiously so--and just the type of fun that Claire needs in her life. Even if she's paying him to be there. Theo also has a past--one he hasn't quite recovered from. This makes Theo's wanderer lifestyle the perfect fit for him, but what happens when he lets that guard down?

His words were like a drug--I needed more. Even if the high was only temporary. Even if the crash would hurt.

For whatever reason, these two have enough chemistry to make this a #OneHandedRead. Theo is a dirty talker--my weakness--and Claire is just letting go of her inhibitions. It's a beautiful thing to watch. She jumps. Every single time it's needed, she jumps.
But does Theo? Will he? Can he?

She had no idea how beautiful she was. Women like her never do.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment