Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Review: The Sex Bucket List

The Sex Bucket List The Sex Bucket List by Prescott Lane
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 "I notice everything about you." Stars

I have to say that I am so disappointed with myself. I have never read a Prescott Lane book and I just don't understand why I haven't. If everything she does is like this, I will be living in Prescott Lane heaven when I make it to her backlist. Seriously, this book is perfect.

The Sex Bucket List is everything a woman should do to feel in control of her body and sexuality. This list is so much more than checking off a few random items. It's about owning you and being comfortable in your own skin. It's about acceptance--even when it seems like it's not.

Emerson has been divorced for two years, yet can't seem to move on. Stumbling upon the Sex Bucket List she wrote after her divorce, she decides it's time to put this list into action.

Mateo. Well, I don't know what I can say about Mateo other than this man is perfect. And not even annoyingly so. He's sweet, kind, loving, giving, and protective.

Emerson and Mateo have worked together for years, but other than noticing Mateo as the sexy eye candy that he is, she's never given him much thought. Until she senses he's flirting with her. And it really goes out the window when he finds that Sex Bucket List she left on her desk.

Chemisty? Check.

"I need to know if he fucks as good as he looks."

Poppy is the life of this party. Emerson's friend and co-worker, she's hoping Poppy will do what no one seems capable of doing: Mateo.

I thought I was getting funny and light. And I did get some of that, but I also got deep and meaningful. I got what it's like to fall out of love with one man and what it's like to fall in love with someone new. I got what it's like to start a relationship when you didn't think you could give that part of yourself to someone again.

"That's my role as the man in your life. To guard your heart."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment