Friday, March 24, 2017

Review: How to Save a Life

How to Save a Life How to Save a Life by Emma Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

To all of my book friends who told me to read this book, screw you. Seriously, why didn't you force me to read this sooner?! Had I known the beauty that was held within the pages of this outstanding read, I would have picked it up a long time ago.

Evan Salinger is the class freak, the outcast, the mental case. He's the beautifully broken boy who has been ostracized by someone he is supposed to call brother. He has built his life around his books,his job, and his drive to get out the tiny town he is forced to call home.

Jo is the new girl. She's the girl other girls hate because she chooses how she is perceived at school. She is the girl with the harrowing past and the jagged scar. She has built her life around circumstances that she cannot change.

When the two of these connect it's magical. And I don't say that because it's a thing in romance, I say that because it truly felt like it had to happen. Call it fate or destiny or whatever you need to call it, but Evan and Jo were meant to be. You can feel the attraction between them. You can feel the reservations and the hesitancy and the need to be understood by another living soul. Evan and Jo encompass all of these feelings.

Pulled apart by circumstances completely out of their control--no misunderstanding here--Evan and Jo must find a way to fill the void the other has left behind. Evan does this with his dreams; Jo does this by running away.

The tiny aspect that is a bit supernatural is Evan's ability to know things. And not in a psychic way, but in an intuitive kind of way. The way it is written into the story, I completely believe it's possible. I never doubted Evan for a minute. His intuition or ability my have been the reason he was left to sit on the sidelines in school, but it is this uncanny ability that makes me love him all the more. It is his undying belief and love in Jo that has me wanting to curl him into my arms and hold him tight.

So, if you haven't been fortunate enough to read this book, please do it now.
One-click it, grab a cup of coffee or tea, and find your cozy reading spot because you aren't going to want to put this book down.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment