Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Review: The Scorpio Races

The Scorpio Races The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Every year, in October, I take a trip to Thisby. I wait for the water horses to come out of the sea. I wait for the training, the tourists, the November cakes.
I wait.
And I wait.
And I wait.

And every year, in October, I fall in love with all of Thisby. I let it grow around me. I let it whisper into my ears and I let the salty air fill my nose and I hear the drums of the Scorpio Races.
Every year.

Every year, October brings my favorite characters back to me.

This year was no different. It is no different.

Because The Scorpio Races is the kind of story that lives in you. It's the kind of story that you find yourself never wanting to leave. It's the kind of story that makes you feel at home.

I find myself enamored with Kate Connelly. Puck Connelly. Sean Kendrick. Dove. Corr. Finn. Gabe. Tommy Falk and his pretty mouth. The Grattons. And Mutt Malvern. I find myself completely taken in when I walk the streets of Skarmouth. I find myself saying two hail marys and a colombo because I was right awful this week and Father Mooneyham just isn't believing me properly.

I find myself looking for my race colors.
I find myself looking for the red stallion with a lone rider on its back.
I find myself looking for more.

And when it's all said and done, and my time on Thisby comes to a close, I find myself wanting to open the book back to the beginning and start again.

(REVIEW from 10/30/2018)
````

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment