Sunday, October 28, 2018

Review: The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks

The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks by Max Monroe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Nah. I'm more of a when I like what I see, I have to at least get a taste kind of guy."

And thus begins the downfall of Lucky Wright.
Okay, maybe it didn't really begin there, but we all know Lucky didn't stand a chance against the sexy Aussie, Oliver Arsen. I know I didn't stand a chance. He's all swoony and fun and charismatic. You know, all the things you want in a bloke.

Yeah, I may have picked up some Aussie lingo while reading these books. I couldn't help it. A bloke? A sheila? Come on! That's way better than guy and girl or dude and chick or what have you.

Anyway, this story is told in podcast form, which I found to be rather interesting and fun. She's talking to the reader. Directly. Fourth wall stuff there, folks. But I LOVED it. It's direct, Lucky is fun and intelligent, and a take no prisoners kind of gal. Sheila. Whatever.

I love her. I love her red hair, her knack for applying enough sunscreen to make me feel good about the bottles I use during the summer, and I love how she pushes Ollie away even when it is so very clear she wants that man.

And Ollie. Oh, I love him in this story (but the real swoons don't happen until we get his side--I devoured these books, by the way. I put this one down and picked up the next immediately) and his jealousy and his devil may care attitude. It's all written perfectly.

And then those details. The things they should have said and didn't, the moves they should have made yet resisted, the accidents that were perfectly timed.

It all came together perfectly. Because Max Monroe has this ability to spin a story, make you feel like you're there, and leave you wanting nothing beyond that HEA.

I'm not sure where this review was headed honestly. I just know the book is fantastic, but you'll want to have The Day the Jerk Started Falling already downloaded and ready to go. Because Ollie needs his chance to tell his story. Their story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment