Thursday, November 30, 2017

Review: Unmasked

Unmasked Unmasked by Magan Vernon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm all for a sweet love story with a strong male and a strong female. Throw in snowboarding and ice skating and you have my attention.

So, what could go wrong?
Well, a bet, for one. Have we learned nothing from movies? We don't need the "She's All That" moment. No more taking the outcast and turning her into a beauty. Because these are obviously beautiful women to begin with. Beautiful women who have other things to focus on than their outward appearances--whether that is physical beauty or inner beauty.

And our Ice Queen is beautiful. She is strong and confident and an Olympic champion. So, why the hesitation with men? Probably because they all suck.

Except our snowboarder who is basically Winter Games royalty thanks to his parents.
He takes that bet, the one set by his idiotic friends--who are real jackasses, btw--and locks in.

She doesn't stand a chance.
Neither does he.

The two find love where and when they least expected it. I enjoyed the couple, but I'm almost more interested in Elsa's skate partner and her sister. Like, tell me what's happening there! I have to know!

Grab this book if you want something sweet. It's good for that.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment