Thursday, November 2, 2017

Review: Resuscitate Me

Resuscitate Me Resuscitate Me by Leddy Harper
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So, it's been a long time since I've read or listened to a single POV book. I didn't realize I was getting myself into one, but I almost didn't notice due to the excellent narration. Two narrators, each reading their respective characters. It made the story so much more. I liked hearing Carter Hastings. I liked hearing the dirty things he had to say. So, thank you Tor Thom, for an excellent male narration. And Charley Ongel, great as always.

Now, the book.

I'm a big fan of seeing things through. This book is one of those things I saw through till the very end. I made the point about a single POV earlier because I feel like this story could have been so much more if we knew what Carter was thinking. His behavior was all over the place, his attitude, the way he would get upset if our heroine wasn't where she said she'd be. He seemed to have a lot of insecurity issues.
There were several times when this annoyed me. When he turned cold and distant, I wanted to know why. I could only guess as to the reasons behind his actions, but if I had been Cara, I'd have walked.

Am I glad I finished the book? Yeah. I actually enjoyed it once they pulled their heads out of their asses. The characters were believable. They had their own flaws, they had their own issues, and they fought through those to be together.

Overall, 3 stars. I liked it, but it didn't pull any huge emotion from me.

*"This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment