Thursday, April 13, 2017

Review: Where Good Girls Go To Die

Where Good Girls Go To Die Where Good Girls Go To Die by Holly Renee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.25 "What took me so long?" Stars

I'll start this review by saying I've never read a book by Holly Renee prior to this one. To say that she won me over is an understatement. I sat down with this book, just wanting to get into it so I could finish it the next day. I had just finished another book and wasn't looking to fall into another.

Well, I should have picked a different book. I devoured this book in one sitting--only stopping to update social media because I couldn't not tell people about it. Parker and Livy are the couple I want to be. Parker is the guy I wish I had. Let me explain...

"What are we doing, Parker?"
"I don't know. But I cant't stay away from you any longer."

Parker is Livy's brother's best friend. He's basically a permanent fixture at their house and vice versa. But at some point, Parker starts to fall for Livy.
Livy has always had eyes for Parker James. She knows she shouldn't because he's her brother's best friend, he's older, he always has some girl on his arm, but none of that stops her. Nothing will keep Livy from loving Parker.
When those feelings finally align, it's the sweetest romance ever. You want to read this for the sweet romance

"I love you, Livy."
"I know, but fuck me like you don't."
Shit happens. Their past is fucked up, their present is not what it should be, and their future is up in the air. But what I do know is that Parker and Ivy are hot together. The push and the pull, the fine line between love and hate, the banter, the chemistry, the sex. It may be a sweet romance, but you want to read this for the up-against-the-wall passion that tears through the pages.

I wanted him to remind me how to breathe by taking my breath away.

This is where I want to take the time to describe Parker James. He's a tatted up hottie who not only likes ink, he puts it on others. He's an artist. He draws, he tattoos other people. He's broody and intense. He loses himself in his art.
Do you guys know me at all? If you do, you know my weakness is the artistic guy. JA Huss won me over with Spencer Shrike and Nolan Delaney. Jamie McGuire got me with Trenton Maddox. JD Hollyfied hooked me with Hunter James. Jessica Hawkins with Finn Cohen. Holly Renee with Parker James.
Artists are my type. Artists are how you convince me I need to read all your books.
Artists steal my heart every single fucking time. I'm not even upset by that.
So, excellent job Holly Renee, you have a new fan. You never have to write another artist (except I'd really, really like Brandon's story) again and I'll continue to read your books.

Our voices were barely a whisper, out of fear that we'd wake our memories.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment