Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Review: The Gravity of Us

The Gravity of Us The Gravity of Us by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

6 It is written Stars

What can I say that the other hundreds of reviews haven't already said? Brittainy C. Cherry knows how to make me cry. She knows how to make me love and want and feel. I went into this book with a box of tissues and a blanket. I curled myself up on the couch and refused to acknowledge the real world.

It was totally worth it.

Love. The emotion that made people both soar and crash.

This is the story of love in its truest form: the bond between parent and child.
This is the story of love in its familial form: the bond between sisters.
This is the story of an unlikely love that grows where love shouldn't exist.
This is the story of friendship.

"I know sometimes authors can miss out on social cues, but this is the moment when you're supposed to shake my hand."
"I don't know you."
"Surprisingly, that's exactly when you're supposed to shake a person's hand."

Graham Russell is a famous author. He lives in his head and in the worlds he creates.
Lucille Palmer is a carefree florist who is loyal to family. She lives in the now.
When these two meet it's under difficult circumstances. Given those circumstances, I was left wondering how in the world these two would find one another in a more intimate way, but oh boy. Brittainy C. Cherry brings them together in the most perfect way. It's intimate without being sexual, it's close without being naked, it's love disguised as friendship, it's need mixed with want.

"Just because you smile and act free doesn't mean the cage doesn't exist. It merely means you lowered your standards for how far you'll allow yourself to fly."

The push and pull with Graham and Lucy. The give and take. The take. The take. But the give. Oh, how they give to one another. How they support one another. How the desire one another.
Yet they do nothing. They act on nothing. They show nothing. Lucy is the girl who feels everything and in this moment, with this man, she must be more like him and feel nothing. She closes herself to heartache. Graham, for the first time since he was a child, he is opening himself to the possibility of love. The love a parent has for a child. The love a man has for a woman. The love a friend has for another friend. It's a beautiful change.

"If you need to fall, fall into me."

I believe Graham Cracker found his match with Lucy, but this man has a family he can count on. And not a family by blood, but a family by choice. Ollie is the father Graham never had as a child. He is the best friend he was always missing. He is the one person to never leave him. He isthe only person who has never let Graham down. He is the best side character I have ever met, by the way. I want an Ollie in my life.

"Air above me, earth below me, fire within me, water surround me...."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment