Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Review: Faking It

Faking It Faking It by Carly Phillips
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 "We'll take it slow" Stars

Faking It is the book I didn't know I needed. I was coming off a long funk--and by that I mean it took me a week to read a book that everyone else loves, but I couldn't get into it--and needed something different. Faking It isn't necessarily light and fluffy, but it isn't the dark or heavy book I typically find myself immersed in.

Meet Hailey, matchmaking professional. She's great at matching others, but always struggles with her own relationships.

Meet Max, real estate agent extraordinaire. Busy with work, he never makes time to find that special someone so his mother is constantly finding women for him.

Hailey decides to create an imaginary fiance. This will make her look like she knows what's happening in love because she will have someone in her life to love.

Max is lusting after his client, even though he believes she belongs to another. He's respectable though and never--and I mean NEVER--crosses any lines. He treats her with kindness and respect and he respects the relationship she is in.

When Max and Hailey find themselves in a slight situation, they take this fake fiance thing to a new level.
And they do that with each other. It's a mutual relationship. They need each other. It'll end eventually. Right?!

"How do you want me?"
"Every fucking way I can have you."


I loved watching these two find each other. I mean, yes, they were pretending, but it's nice to watch those shields drop.
There isn't much conflict in this story, which is nice. Their conflict is internal and it's mostly Hailey's hangups that cause issues. But they aren't real issues because Max is perfect.

"When it happens, it's going to be because you fucking beg for it. Understand?"


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment