Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Review: Road to Nowhere

Road to Nowhere Road to Nowhere by M. Robinson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Hell didn't want us Stars

Okay, maybe I'm hanging out in the minority, but I didn't absolutely love this book like everyone else. Was it just me? I mean, Creed is a hot biker, sure. But he's also an asshole. I like assholes, so I'm not sure what my issue was with this book, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it. And I like M. Robinson. Keeping Her Wet was hot and dirty and a nice break because it was all about the sex. And Creed and Mia's sex in that book was off-the-charts hot.

So, anyway, Road to Nowhere. Creed is older. We're talking 9ish years older. Which is cool and all, except Mia is young. Like, the first time he sees her I think she's only 9 years old. She's a spitfire. She's the little sister to his friend. She's totally off-limits because....eeew.

We watch these two grow. We watch a little girl develop a crush on her brother's friend. We watch her wait and wait and wait for this man. Even when she didn't realize she was waiting, she was. Even when he was off fighting a war, she was waiting.

The real conflict comes when she's almost sixteen. Itching to drop the pesky V-card, she finds a random guy for a quick hook up.

But really, are they ever random? Are they ever "just a hook up"? Trouble is brewing and Creed is going to be very unhappy when he returns.
From War.

I'm torn. There were parts of this book I enjoyed, but it wasn't my number one. It's not my go-to M. Robinson book. I'm going to finish up Ends Here because I can't NOT know how this plays out.

I'm pretty sure I'm #TeamNoah and I hope that doesn't bite me in the ass in book two.

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment