Thursday, November 21, 2019

Review: Wicked Lies Boys Tell

Wicked Lies Boys Tell Wicked Lies Boys Tell by K. Webster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I picked it up on a friend's recommendation.
I figured I would listen to it because.--hello!--Teddy Hamilton and Jacob Morgan. Their voices alone would make me listen to anything.
And let's be clear, it's MM romance and I heard it was angsty, so why wouldn't I give this a shot, right?

Anyway, THIS BOOK HOOKED ME. And when I say that, I mean I didn't want to put it down. I pushed play on my way to work and was mad when I got there in record time because that meant I had to actually go do work.
I listened on my definitely not long enough break and was mad when that time was up too.
I hit play for a third time on my drive home.
And when I got home, I grabbed my phone and my nearest set of earbuds and popped those in and hit play again.

I finished the whole book in one day.

Cope and Penn were everything I wanted in angsty, broody romance. This is a weird friends to enemies to lovers story that just worked on every single level.

Bitchy ex-girlfriend? Got it.
Kick ass girl who knows the truth, but plays along? Check.
Shitty parents? Got 'em.
A LOVE THAT KNOWS NO BOUNDS AND PERSISTS EVEN WHEN THE ODDS ARE AGAINST THAT LOVE? You know it's here or you wouldn't read romance.

Seriously, get this book RTFN. Cope and Penn will find their spot in your heart too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment