Thursday, November 14, 2019

Review: Long Way Down

Long Way Down Long Way Down by Krista Ritchie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I went into this knowing I would love it. Is that wrong? Probably. But do I care? No.

Because, let's face it, I've been #TeamCraisy from the very beginning. From before they were a couple. I've known these two were the real deal. Just like we all knew Lil and Lo were. And Connor and Rose.
Ryke and Daisy were the perfect pair. A OTP, if you will. They complemented each other in so many ways. And they completed each other in ways I never knew were possible.

Ryke and Daisy were the pair unlikely to happen because they were both wild, they were free. They were in different parts of their lives due to the age difference.
But there was no better couple than Ryke and Daisy.

Their struggles are real. I laughed, I cried. I loved so hard. I wanted everything for them. I wanted them to have it all: the peace, the happiness, the family.

I can't possibly convey the way I felt while reading this. I remember reading Fuel the Fire and thinking that Connor and Rose had to go through a lot. But at no point did I think it was more than two people could handle. I knew they would come out the other side. Maybe not unscathed, but I knew they would make it.
I couldn't say that about Ryke and Daisy. And that realization broke me into pieces. I kept thinking, "no, they can't take any more. They don't deserve this." My heart hurt. Their pain was my pain. Their loss was my loss. Their love, well, it was my love. But the tears were real. Every single tear that fell for these two was real.

I wanted everything for Ryke and Daisy.

And I got it in ways only KB Ritchie can deliver.

I will forever be Team #RaisyIsAlive


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment