Sunday, August 25, 2019

Review: Untouchable

Untouchable Untouchable by Sam Mariano
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

All of my friends told me to read this book. They all told me I would love Carter and I'd want him all for myself.

Well, let me just tell you, that they were insane. All of them.

I downloaded this book before a weekend adventure and started reading it on a plane. OMG. DO NOT DO THIS.
Because that opening chapter? The beginning? The scene that sets the stage/tone/direction of the entire book?

Yeah, that is a hard one to read.

I sat there, hand over mouth, jaw dropped, wide-eyed waiting to see what would happen. How does a character come back from that? How is one redeemable? Why do my friends think I'll love this guy?

But then it happens.

You know the it that I speak of.

That moment when you let that earlier scene slip from your mind because the characters are doing new things. Different things. Redeemable things.

And so that first scene fades a bit, but not completely. There are little reminders of that moment that just can't be forgotten. And you don't want to forget.

Because when Carter Mahoney redeems himself, you're gonna be sitting there asking yourself how you fell in love with a guy like him. You're gonna be so confused you won't know how to handle your feelings.

And you will have feelings.

You will be mad and angry and sad and upset and happy and loved and so, so confused.

And you'll find yourself telling your friends about this book because you need others to fall down this bully-romance rabbit hole you've found yourself in.

The cycle will continue. You've now become your friends.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment