Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Review: When Ashes Fall

When Ashes Fall When Ashes Fall by Marni Mann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm not sure if there are words to describe how I feel after reading When Ashes Fall. I'm heartbroken, I'm in love, I'm happy, I'm sad. If you ever want to read a book that gives you ALL THE FEELS, well, this is it.

Told from three different POVs and from different times, this story is unlike any I've read.
You have Alex, sweet, fun, loving Alex telling her story from present day.
You have Dylan, sweet, sexy, fun, loving Dylan telling his story from the first day he met Alex and then moving towards present day.
And you have Smith, sweet, sexy, fun, loving Smith telling his story from the present day.

I was in love with all of them. I was lost and confused and I was just looking for my next sunny day.

Marni Mann is a new to me author and I just cannot believe I've never read her before. Her words are beautifully crafted, put together with meaning and purpose. Her story is one I'll never forget. She brought me happiness, love, heartache, and acceptance. She made me remember a dark time in our history, while keeping me firmly planted in the present day. She gave me new perspective and a new vision of how things can be.

This isn't the story you've imagined it to be. And it's better that way.

Go in blind. I did. You won't regret it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment