Sunday, July 1, 2018

Review: Taking Chances

Taking Chances Taking Chances by Molly McAdams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't know how to rate or review this book right now. I'm angry. Like, HULK angry. And I don't have the luxury to smash things.
So, a good rating because clearly I feel things. Lots of things. Annoying things. I'm angry and annoyed and yeah.
So, I don't typically document my reading progress on Facebook, but I did for this book. I had a "friend" ask me to. So, I'm going to copy and paste that documentation here. That'll be my review. Because, honestly, I don't have anything else to say.

Post 1. 6/30/2018. 11:28am:
This is happening.
Am I going to hate you?

Post 2. 7/1/2018. 11:58am:
Annoyed. I'm annoyed. Harper is getting on my nerves--and has since the beginning. Brandon is too nice. Seriously, just too nice and kind and sweet. And Chase. Yep. He's that bad boy you hate to love. And I do love him.
But this newest development, right before page 270, I'm annoyed.

Post 3. 7/1/2018. 12:01pm:
HOLD THE MOTHERFUCKING PHONE. WHAT IN THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?! WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED?

Post 4. 7/1/2018 12:02pm (this is a continuation of the previous post, only with more words):
Because WHAT IN THE AF JUST HAPPENED???

Page 273: "I love you. I'll fix this." <--paraphrased, of course.
Page 274: WHAT IN THE AF DID YOU DO?! WHO DOES THIS TO A PERSON? WHO??!!! AND WHY? THIS ISN'T EVEN OKAY. NOPE. NOT OKAY.

I *knew* something would happen. People told me I wouldn't see it coming. Well, no fucking shit, guys. I did NOT see it coming. Because who would?! Why? Why did that just happen? And why are there still 200 pages before the end? Do I really want to finish this? Because I'm PISSED.

FUCKING LIVID. LIVID.

I hate you all.

Post 5. 7/1/2018. 3:45pm:
Page 333: this is a sick joke, right?

Post 6. 7/1/2018. 7:50pm:
For those following my journey, I finished Taking Chances.

I'm angry. Like, irrationally angry. Will that feeling go away? Because I shouldn't be this pissed off over a book, but WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

Although, with that twist I knew was coming yet didn't see coming--assholes--I realize the beginning of the book makes so much more sense. All the sense in the world. Because why would we need all of that? We wouldn't. We'd want the real story. The one with the guy and the girl falling in love and living HEA.

But instead, we get the story of a guy and a girl falling in love and living HEA.

I realize that doesn't makes sense. But if I say the things, then it's ruined and no one needs to have this book spoiled for them.

Now, I'm not saying you should read it because I'm still ridiculously ANGRY, but if you feel like you need a good FUCK YOU, READER kind of book, then buy this damn thing. https://amzn.to/2NgXzXM

Now, someone tell me if you can lend me Stealing Harper because clearly I'm a glutton for punishment.

```````````````
So, yeah. That was my Taking Chances experience. And I'm still unsure about the star rating. I can't settle on a number.

Probably because I'm SO PISSED OFF.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment