Thursday, September 12, 2019

Review: A Place Without You

A Place Without You A Place Without You by Jewel E. Ann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“No matter where I am on this earth, I’m loving you … forever.”

Don't we all wish for a love like that? The kind that never ends. The kind that is all consuming. The kind where the love is stronger than the hate?.

A Place Without You grabbed me from the very beginning. I'm not sure which line it could have been. I'm not sure if it was a specific word or phrase or just the immediate connection I felt with these characters, but the book grabbed me.
And it did not let me go until it was finished with me.

It was all consuming, A Place Without You.
It was everything I wanted.
It was everything I didn't know I would need.
It made me laugh.
And cry.
It fell into a million little pieces, but then it made me whole again.

Except my pieces fit differently when they were put back together. I was no longer one person. I was two. I was Henna and Bodhi. I was Bodhi and Henna.
And I was forever.

“Funny …” I shake my head. “Because after two years, a million new faces, and countless cities … every place was simply a place without you."

So, if you need to feel something. If you want to hurt as much as you crave. If you want to love and heal. A Place Without You can do those things.

This book will not go down as the only Jewel E Ann book that I read.
It was too powerful.
It was simply more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment