Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Review: Shades of Magic Vol. 1: The Steel Prince

Shades of Magic Vol. 1: The Steel Prince Shades of Magic Vol. 1: The Steel Prince by V.E. Schwab
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So, this is my first time with a comic? Graphic novel? What's the correct term here? I honestly have no idea.

But here's what I do know:

~I am so happy VE Schwab decided to give us more of Maxim Maresh.
~I am thrilled with this new medium in which she chose to deliver Maxim.
~I loved the images.
~I want MORE.

Now, here are my troubles:

~When I preordered issues 2-4 I also ordered issue 1 (it had already been released). I went to pick up my copies today (because I'm a slacker with a job in retail and the season was upon us) and only issues 1 and 3 came in! I really really don't want to download the kindle version, but I might have to do just that so I can continue.
~I had no idea these things were so short.
~I am already wanting more.
~I'm really really happy that I waited to read these until almost all four issues were out. I am not a patient person. The wait would have killed me.

Clearly my troubles are all on me and nothing to do with the fantastically magical world VE Schwab created for us. These covers are gorgeous and I desperately hope that my second issue arrives so I can have the complete set.

If you aren't sure how you feel about comics (graphic novels?), but you've read the Shades of Magic series, then just go ahead and get this. Worst case you learn a bit more of Maxim. Best case you LEARN MORE OF MAXIM.

See. You can't go wrong.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Love the reviews. Where should I direct review requests to?

    ReplyDelete