Monday, June 25, 2018

Review: The Darkest Minds

The Darkest Minds The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't see through my tears! RTC

I feel like I'm the last person to read this book. I've had my friends pushing it on me for years, but I'm stubborn and difficult and put it off for forever.

I bought the audio a week or two ago when it was on sale.

Best. Decision. Ever.

This book held my interest from page one. The narrator brought the characters to life. I haven't been this absorbed by a book in forever. This book is the reason I read young adult. The writing is smooth, the story intriguing, the characters well-developed.

I laughed, I cried--seriously, I sobbed--and I enjoyed every single minute of this audio. Every. Single. Minute.
I still don't have adequate words for this book. I want more, yet I'm terrified to continue. The ending of this story absolutely broke me. I'm broken. I'm sad and lost and I want to shake Ruby. I want more.

And I'm scared. I'm scared because I didn't expect to cry or to become so absorbed in this story. I didn't expect to feel so much.

The tears were real. I sobbed. Gross, tear-filled, snotty sobs. It happened.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment