Saturday, February 17, 2018

Review: Come Back To Me

Come Back To Me Come Back To Me by Kathy Coopmans
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Okay, so I hate doing bad reviews. I try to find the positive in a book because I know bad reviews hurt.

So, let me focus on the positives:

-the narrators did a great job. I love Logan McAllister and Lacy Laurel, which is why I grabbed this audio in the first place.
-.............


Yeah, I'm out of positives. I wanted to like this, I really did. I just didn't. The characters annoyed me. I got tired of hearing the same thing out of their mouths. Oh, he left me, I can't forgive him. I left her to protect her, I will get her back. I just want to fuck her. I just want to see her naked. I can't be with him because he lied. My sister is the most important person ever no matter how often she screws me over. Blah, blah, blah.

I cant' do it when the book constantly repeats the same mantras. Yeah, they may have used different wording, but it was a book full of the same things.

You may like this story. Don't let my review keep you from reading it. Honestly, maybe it just wasn't my day for romance. I did just come off a fantasy high. Maybe this wasn't the right book to follow up that epic-ness. I will never know. I do know I won't be picking up any more Kathy Coopmans books though.
But if this is your jam, if a husband faking his death to protect his wife is what you want to read about, then this book is for you.
If reading about a woman who is devoted to her druggie, lying sister is for you, then this book is one you should read.
If coming face to face with your dead husband and then denying you still love him--despite just going on about how much you love him--is your thing, then Come Back to Me is the second chance for you.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment