Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Review: Swink

Swink Swink by Adriana Locke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 My favorite Landry Stars

Yep. I said it. I think I found my favorite Landry book. Who knew it'd be one of the girls' though. I credit a lot of that to Cam, but come on, Adriana Locke just gave me a hot, tattooed fighter. Again. Crew Gentry was my first Locke experience so it's no surprise that I'd love--FUCKING LOVE--Dominic Hughes. He's cocky, tattooed, sweet, kind, and dirty.

So, this is where I say thank you, Adriana Locke, for this pleasant surprise in the Landry family books. Don't get me wrong, those Landry boys do not disappoint, but there's something about a man who walks the walk and talks the talk. And Dom is that man.

That was written with sarcasm. I can feel it.
I always make sure you feel it, babe.
Why do I love Dom and Cam as a couple? Let me count the ways.
Okay, I won't count, but I'll give a quick list.
The banter. It flows, it's easy, and they just seem so connected.
The sex. Obviously this is hot or I wouldn't waste my time reading the sex scenes. And I definitely read them.
The love. The way they show the other their true feelings even when they deny the feelings exist. Or rather, as they try to deny those feelings. The way they protect each other. They way they push each other to be better, do more.

"You were wrong when you said I don't want you."
"You were wrong when you said we're free to do whatever we want."
Because it isn't every day when you find someone you can connect with, feel safe with, feel alive with. This is probably one of my favorite scenes in the book.

Fifty-one percent might be a majority, but no one ever said that was a passing grade.
Truth. There is so much truth to this in and out of context. I think that's my favorite thing about this book; we get the good and the bad. We get the ugly and the beautiful. We see a different side to life. And it's so real that I felt like I was right there with Cam and Dom. I felt like I could walk into The Gold Room or Percy's or The Farm and fit right in. And talk about bringing a cast of secondary characters to the table. Damn. Nate, Ryder, Joy, and the Landry clan are perfect.

"And you were here."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment