Thursday, July 6, 2017

Review: The Independents II

The Independents II The Independents II by Aaron L. Speer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 punishment Stars

Wow. Just wow. Aaron Speer did it again with The Independents. I am blown away by the detail and the imagery given in such a short story. It's clear, concise, and I want the next installment yesterday.

Ben has submitted his book to a publisher. He swears it's his own creation.

But what happens when the guy who originally penned the novel comes forward and tries to tell the truth?

Is Ben punished? Or is the other guy punished? Who is in the wrong? How do we prove it?

Those questions are asked every day--more so in this indie book community than others, it seems. Those authors who work hard, put their heart and soul into something, only to have that hard work stolen right from under them.

It's happening.

What isn't happening?

The Independents aren't really there to serve justice. They aren't there to protect the innocent. They aren't there to squash the lies.

I'm sending my thanks to Mr. Speer for allowing me into this little world where the truth is more important than anything else.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment