Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Review: Otherworld

Otherworld Otherworld by Jason Segel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There was that one time I was accused of bullying my friend into reading a book. But what wasn't disclosed--or what people chose to ignore--was the fact that I agreed to read a book she recommended as well.

This is that book.

Otherworld is the book my dear friend, Allie, insisted that I read. She said it was a favorite of hers. And she was sure I'd love it because I enjoyed Ready Player One and I like YA.
As much as I enjoyed Ready Player One, it doesn't quite come close to Otherworld. Yeah, sure, you can enter a virtual reality world and cool shit can happen.
But what happens when bad shit can happen too?

That's Otherworld.

Virtual Reality is here, but it is still very much the future. This is a future that could exist. It's a future I'm a bit afraid of.
Maybe I'm too old or something, but the idea that our future could become a video game, well, that's not really a world I want to live in.

AND THIS BOOK TELLS YOU WHY IT WOULD BE A BAD, BAD IDEA.

Otherworld is like nothing else. And it was an adventure I couldn't quit.
Seriously, if I had more hours in my day, I would have finished this in one sitting--which is impressive since I did the audio. As it stands, I had the second book downloaded before I finished this one.
Because that ending will leave your head spinning.
Because this world is layered and complex and different.
Because Cat and Simon need to save the world--or maybe they need to save Otherworld.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment