Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Review: Meet Cute

Meet Cute Meet Cute by Helena Hunting
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Do you remember your pre-tween years? I know, I know most of us want to block those out, but just think back on your first big celebrity crush. You know you had one. The posters were taped to your walls, you had t-shirts with their faces on them, you had your first name and their last name scribbled in hearts on your notebook paper/Trapper Keeper/journal.

Yep.

That crush.

Now, I need you to fast forward a few years. And I need you to imagine running into that teenage crush.

Literally.

Dax and Kailyn are something special and sweet and fun and sexy. They aren't the rom-com you're used to getting, but they are still fun and flirty and light-ish. Somehow Helena turns something tragic into a beautiful story about love and loss and love.

And remember that tweenage crush you used to have? Yeah, imagine becoming friends with him. Imagine harboring that crush for much longer than you thought. And imagine coming face to face with him years after he betrayed your trust.

You're gonna find yourself remembering those crushes on Zack Morris and JTT and Justin Timberlake. And you're gonna fall in love with Dax and Kailyn just like I did.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment