Friday, December 14, 2018

Review: Hothouse Flower

Hothouse Flower Hothouse Flower by Krista Ritchie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

God, I don't know what I would do without Audible. I'm on a time crunch for reading, but my audiobook time is WIIIIIIDE open. And with that time I've been devouring these books. And this is the book I've been wanting to read since I realized I was totally and completely in love with Ryke Meadows.

Don't read any further if you haven't read any of these books.

Anyway.

Daisy Calloway is the youngest of the Calloway clan. She's the model, the wild one, the girl who just wants to make others happy.

Ryke Meadows is brother to Loren Hale, son to Jonathan Hale, sober for 9 years, and Daisy's unofficial protector.

So it only makes since that these two would be close. They've been forced into social situations together for years. When Conner and Rose pair off, when Lo and Lily go off on their own, it leaves Ryke and Daisy together.

She's wild. He's the only one who can keep up with her.

And their love is the most beautiful of loves in this whole series. Yes, I love Lily and Lo because they are so special, they are best friends, they are everything to each other, the reason the other lives and breathes. And Conner and Rose are so powerful, demanding, dominant, and intriguing. Those two could only match one another.
But Ryke and Daisy? Now, those two were never supposed to happen. And that's why it's beautiful. He is the only one she trusts, the only one who helps her, the only one to push her to live the life she wants to live. He pushes her to be herself and not some creation of other people.

When forces beyond their control continue to push them together, continue to test their friendship, continue to see what the other is made of...well, they rise above. They are more. They are powerful. They are beauty and wildness and crazy and love all in one.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment