Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Review: Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be

Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I grabbed this audio after seeing Rachel Hollis at an author panel in Denver (#BookBonanza18 y'all).

Anyway, she was captivating. She was compelling. She spoke a truth I could relate to and understand on so many levels. I left that panel book signing thinking about her words and the power she held. I left that weekend feeling like I needed to hear more of what this influential woman had to say.

But I'm cheap by nature so as much as I'd like to say I ran out and grabbed this book, one-clicked the kindle version, or downloaded the audio, I did not. I stewed on it for two weeks.

TWO. WEEKS.

Why I all of a sudden had a bout of willpower is beyond me, but I waffled. Is it worth the money? Can I find it cheaper elsewhere? Should I use that credit? What if it's the worst thing I've ever heard?

You know what? I run that risk every single time I buy something I've never heard or read or experienced before. It's ALWAYS a risk. So why did I hesitate? Well, what if she said something that made sense? What if her words were powerful enough to make me want to do something more? What if she--gasp!--motivated me to do better for myself?

Which I believe is the point. This is supposed to motivate, I'm supposed to want to do more. And, well, her words were powerful. No, they are powerful. And I can relate to 95% of what she has to say.

So, here I am, at the end of this audio, trying to sum up how I feel. And you know what? I feel like I deserve more and I deserve better. But I'm not going to do more or get better if I don't put myself out there, if I don't put in the work today.

My plan. Write down those goals. Apparently visuals and mantras and the like will keep those goals in the forefront of my mind. Put in place some actions that will help me achieve those goals. Yep. I'm gonna do more and see what happens. Because I have big dreams and big plans and I can't make those happen by staying the same.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment