Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Review: Villains Pride

Villains Pride Villains Pride by M.K. Gibson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pretty sure I'm a glutton for punishment because Jackson Blackwell makes fun of me--and all the other nerds out there--throughout this entire book. I mean, yeah, okay, he did that with the first book as well, but this is definitely becoming a trend.

A trend I can totally support.

Why would I support it? Uhh...it's funny as shit. Seriously, I laughed and laughed and laughed. The humor in this book? It's my kind of humor.

Pop culture references? Yes, please.
Comic book realm? Sure, why not?!
Someone trying to kill you? Sounds like the perfect plot.
Making fun of every single trope ever used in the genre? What better way to catch someone's attention?

Here's where I can't get into anything else because I'm not going to spoil this for anyone. Just know I think you should read it. Better yet? Listen to it. jeffrey Kafer does an excellent job as The Shadow Master.

MK Gibson has given me comedic gold with he Shadow Master books. I am eagerly awaiting the next installment. What genre will we visit next? Sci-fi? Romance? Oh, regency romance<--because that would be hilarious. I can just imagine ol' Jackson now. What about horror? The options are not endless, but they are plentiful. The sub-genres alone could keep Mr. Gibson occupied for quite some time. I'm looking forward to what comes next.

*I listened to the audio. The only time I wished I had read the book was towards the end when Jackson is telling Randy a nice little piece of information that he dropped in an earlier chapter. But really, the audio is fantastic. Listen to this book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment