Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Review: Barbarian's Taming

Barbarian's Taming Barbarian's Taming by Ruby Dixon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I can't believe I made a shelf titled "alien smut" so I could put these books in their own little home. But whatever.
Here I am, eight books in, with no end in sight.

Maddie isn't the most pleasant person on the ice planet, but can you blame her? She woke up to a bunch of giant blue alien men and one human female with glowing blue eyes. Yeah, to say her world was flipped is probably an understatement.

And then her sister is kidnapped.

I'd probably lose my shit too.

Hassen has been exiled (temporarily and only kinda) for taking Lila, but that doesn't stop the longing looks he shares with Maddie when he drops by the tribe home to leave food for the others. It doesn't stop Maddie from staring at him when he enters the cave. It doesn't stop her from trudging out into the snow to see if she can rile him up.

They're both lonely, they despise each other, and there is the feeling of being lost that each seem to cling to.

So, why wouldn't they hook up?

No reason, obviously. This is a match made in what should have been hate-fuck heaven, but I should have known Hassen didn't have it in him. That big, blue alien just wants some love.

I would like to stop and say that this book DOES have the hottest sex scene in the series, though. The cave scene. With Taushen outside. Hassen takes what he wants, just like Maddie had done in the storage room.
But his method is HAWT, despite the planet being made of ice.

Anyway, tragedy happens, but our couple is fantastic and having the sex and there is a resonance. So, yeah, the tragedy sends us to book 9, where we see Stacy and Pashov.

Let the rebuilding begin.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment