Monday, May 1, 2017

Review: #Swag by Cambria Hebert

#Swag (GearShark, #3)#Swag by Cambria Hebert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.75 My only limits are my own Stars

We first meet Joey and Lorhaven in #Junkie, the story of Trent and Drew. If you're anything like me, you instantly fell for Joey. Lorhaven? Well, not so much. In fact, if you're like me, you hated Lorhaven.

I think that hatred I had for Lorhaven didn't lessen until #Rev when he sees Trent and Drew in that garage. Lorhaven's loyalty and love only extends to his brother. We see that loyalty through all three books.

Joey is the female pro driver who wants to join the NRR. She wants it because the division seems more open and understanding of outsiders. Plus, who wouldn't want to race with no rules?! Win-win. She just has to prove she should be there.

And what better way to prove that than by dealing with 'the man who thought he was so epic he only needed one name'?

Lorhaven.

Oh, how I fall hopelessly in love with Lorhaven in #Swag. I didn't think it was possible, but Cambria Hebert proves me wrong. I'm so glad she proved me wrong. It's a show of excellent writing when you can take a hated character and make the reader fall for them. And fall I do.

Desire became tangible. It transcended the physical; though, the physical pull was definitely there.

Lorhaven and Joey slowly become more. They are no longer two lost souls who are looking to prove themselves. They become a united front. They become friends and lovers. They become Jace and Josie.

He reeked of sex. Like he'd just had it, like he wanted it right then...And the way he moved promised he'd want it again in just an hour.

Yes, Lorhaven is sex on a stick. But so is Josie. Put these two together and sparks ignite. I'd like to take a moment to appreciate the very first sex scene between these two.
*closes eyes, reflects on sex scene, fans self*
Okay, I'm back. Oh, it's so hot and so fucking dirty--but in the best possible way. God. I just, words. I don't have them. And I won't spoil it for you either. You just need to read it to understand.

I said his name until it was the only word I knew, and then he told me to say it again.

Like I said, the sex is on fire. In the best possible way.

Sometimes in order to shine on your own, you need the support of someone else.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment