Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Review: Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part Three

Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part Three Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part Three by T.M. Frazier
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.75 "My name is Samuel Clearwater." Stars

I'm torn. Really. It's not that I didn't like this book because I did. It's just that I didn't LOVE it the way I loved the others. I don't know why. It just feels as if this fell a bit flat for me. I'm one of those who would have loved to see these 3 stories made into 2 books. I can understand why it was made a 3 book set, but I feel like it was a touch (a very tiny touch) drawn out.

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. The way back will be paved with blood.>

Part 3 picks up where Part 2 left off. Dre is in trouble. But really, she isn't in trouble for long. We all know Preppy will come after her. And I feel sorry for the idiot on the receiving end of an enraged Preppy. He's out for blood. And he will have it.

Passionate.
Relentless.
Rough.
Frenzied.
We were all of that and more.
So much more.

They really are. I've found that all of the couples are more than just a couple. Bear and Thia. King and Doe. Nolan and Rage. Each couple is more. But Prep and Dre? They take the cake on this. They have their own demons to beat. They have their own past to overcome. And they have each other. Which is more than many people can say.

He'd shattered me.
Thoroughly.
Beautifully.
Crazily.
I never wanted to be put back together.

These two go through some hard times. And not the 'how are we going to pay our bills or feed the kids' kind of hard times. They go through the 'I've been kidnapped, people are shooting at me, on the run' kind of hard times. They have to fight to keep themselves together.

"The greatest gift I was ever given, was death. Because only then did I learn what it meant to truly live."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment