Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Review: Work in Progress

Work in Progress Work in Progress by B.J. Harvey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Have you ever had one of those neighbors that was loud and obnoxious and didn't seem to know that he was being loud and obnoxious?
No?
Well, lucky you. April can't say the same--at least not when she first meets Jamie Cook. Because he's just that: loud, obnoxious, and drunk.

And so begins the natural back-and-forth banter that spurs this book along. Jamie and April are so much fun and sweet. The push-and-pull, the toe-to-toe, the chemistry.... It's all there and it makes for one heck of a book.

The kind of book you start and don't put down.

BJ Harvey put together a family and a world that I wish I lived in. The Cook brothers with their quick wit, banter, and hotness. April and Axel and Betty with their love and open hearts.
I just want to crawl into this world and be a friendly neighbor, a love interest, a best friend.
Minus that Cubs thing. I can't get down with that, but I can enjoy a game at Wrigley--assuming one of the Cook brothers wanna take me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment