Monday, June 5, 2017

Review: Complicated Hearts

Complicated Hearts Complicated Hearts by Ashley Jade
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 It's Complicated Stars

Read an Ashley Jade book, they said. It'll be fun, they said.

Assholes.

Talk about pure torture.

And only because I loved absolutely EVERY. SINGLE. THING.

Ashley Jade blew my mind. Congrats, woman, that doesn't always happen.

"You weren't gentle when you fucked me. I'm just returning the favor.
The book starts off hot and never lets go. It really doesn't. Hot, steamy sex. Words of love. Words of hate. Confusion, college, and co-eds. It's all here. It's all amazing. And I can't wait to get more of these characters. Seriously, I need an entire series. I don't think two books is going to be enough.

I'll wait and bide my time. I'll wait for that heart of hers to open up to me. Because it will be worth it when it happens.
Breslin has her fair share of issues, but the biggest is love. How can love be an issue? Well, I'm not giving that away. You're gonna have to read it. Just know there is love, there is heartbreak, there is love, and there is shock. Breslin is nothing short of complicated.

There's no mistaking he's in complete control.
Asher Holden has everything he could ever want. The perfect girl, the perfect family, the perfect game. So, what could possibly go wrong? Only everything. Get a peek into his real life and you realize not everything is as it seems. You realize maybe it isn't about the perfect girl, but maybe the perfect guy. You realize your life is complicated.

I realize how utterly bizarre this entire situation is. I take a step, intending to leave, but those crystal blue eyes of his hold my gaze, begging me to stay.
Gay. Straight. Bi. Those are all words used to describe people. But where do you fall when you've always identified as straight, but then develop feelings for a member of the same sex? What if it isn't intentional? How do you handle it? Do you embrace it or push it away? What about the girl you know you're in love with, but who pushed you away? Do you wait for her to realize you're perfect together or do you pursue your new interests? Landon is a gifted man, but his seemingly simple world is about the become complicated.

And you, you fascinate me.
Complicate me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment