Monday, July 27, 2020

Review: Charming Like Us

Charming Like Us Charming Like Us by Krista Ritchie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't know what happened here, but I did not get the angsty story I wanted. And really, that's the reason for the 3 stars. Because it's a solid book, but I wanted more angst and pain and torture for a GFY MM romance.

So, this is on me, not the authors.

I still have a love for these bodyguards and billionaires. I love Oscar and Jack. They are freaking amazing together. And this story does them lots of justice. I just wanted more turmoil. I'm a sucker for pain.

I liked seeing Charlie though. If this book has one big, giant positive, it's the amount of time we see Charlie. For that alone, this book is a great read and one that I'd suggest reading so you get the bigger picture later. Assuming Charlie ever gets his own book.

So, yeah, 3.25 stars because Oscar and Jack are great, but I didn't hurt enough.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment