Monday, May 25, 2020

Review: Luna and the Lie

Luna and the Lie Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If you want a slow burn, I guess this is your jam. And I'm not against a slow burn, I prefer them to insta-love, but good lord. I can only burn slowly for so long before I'm bored to tears.

I liked Rip. I will always have a soft spot for a broody older man.
And Luna is sweet and kind and has just had a rough go of it.

But...I have no idea why this book had so many words in it. I know, I know. It's a book. It's supposed to have words otherwise what am I even doing with it? But there were so many that I didn't find necessary. They weren't needed. They could have been removed.
It was repetitive. And I don't know if that was because it made it more impactful or meaningful or what, but for me it was just blah, blah, blah.

Was it just me? Am I having a bad book day? I can totally own up to the fact that those happen. And when one doesn't go my way I find myself on a downward spiral with a few.

ALL THE SPOILERS EVER BELOW. I guess I'll use a spoiler tag, which is something I haven't done in years.

(view spoiler)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment