Sunday, February 26, 2017

Review: Hole Punched by Susan Renee

Hole PunchedHole Punched by Susan Renee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 "I believe in fairy tales" Stars

Sometimes I want to punch myself in the face for not reading an author sooner. This is one of those times. I hear Susan Renee does amazing things with angst, but I got to experience her humor first and for that I am thankful. I also think it’ll prepare me for the tears I am bound to shed when I dive into Seven.
"I believe in the power of a kiss."

Anyway, here we meet Jenna. She works at the Hole Punch with her bestie, Linda. Hottie customer, Jacoby is the candy of Jenna’s eye and she really wants a piece. But how does one make that happen? She’s the employee, he’s the customer. Is there a good way to approach this man?
He’s hot in that I’m-not-sure-if-he’s-a-good-guy-or-a-bad-boy-but-either-way-is-okay kind of way.
Turns out, there is! Yay! Susan gives this couple an excellent opportunity to make the sex happen. Or at least a date. Or whatever. Anyway, it’s pure comedic gold and I couldn’t get enough.
“...not that smelling like mocha is a bad thing…” He trails off for a moment and I catch him ogling my wet chest. “Come to think of it, neither is looking at a girl in a wet t-shirt, but, you know.” He shrugs. “I wouldn’t want all your customers staring at you all day.”
“Oh? And why not? Because my chest is for your viewing pleasure only?”
“That’s not what I meant, although if you’re offering your chest up to my eyes only I would probably be a fool not to take advantage at least once,”
he responds.

A hot, passionate hook-up is just what these two need, right? But what do you do when you feel that deep connection you know you’ve been missing? Can you continue with the hook-up or do you have to dive head first into a relationship? Is there middle ground?
"Stay with me tonight."

But what happens when this little hook-up turns serious? What happens when you begin sharing your dirty little secrets with the other person? Can you count on them to keep those secrets? Are you risking too much?
"I just want you. Here. With me."

These two have their own baggage, but they are set on their path to overcome that baggage. At the very least, they are set on seeing each other and that takes more trust than either have given anyone in a very long time.
"Don't look back, Jenna. You're not going that way."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment